Friday, January 16, 2009

Arrogance Among Bigfoot Circles...

You know, I started out with quite a number of friends in the bigfoot community. I started holding conferences in Tennessee then later one in Georgia and found that most of the time I inadvertently invited "arrogant ass*oles" to these events. Don't get me wrong, there were many individuals that I actually liked. But many ended up ticking me or someone else off due to the "know-it-all" attitude towards research.
After about the third Chattahoochee Bigfoot Fest; I came to understand a few things:
1.) Just because someone is "old" does not make them "wise!"
2.) Lifelong habituations on an individuals property DOES NOT make them an authority on matters of bigfoot.
3.) Bigfoot research cannot be done solely sitting in a car or truck!
4.) Every research stop-off point is not habituated with a bigfoot!
5.) There really are NO AUTHORITIES on the subject of bigfoot. For the most part, its all speculation (except maybe for Janice Carter's case).
I have chosen to exclude myself from any future conferences or festivals for this very reason. So how can we all escape this circus act? Do independent research.

3 comments:

  1. Can you elaborate a little more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you elaborate a little more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth,

    To know a little more about you would be great. Why are you asking for elaboration?

    ReplyDelete