Monday, January 5, 2009

Tuklo Is RIGHT!

I just got through visiting my good friend Tuklo Nashoba's Blog. His main article deals with the coming (if not already here) depression that we are about to face not only as a nation....BUT as a world. Let me ask anyone these question: "How many of you could build a campfire from scratch?" Can you plant, nurture and grow a garden? Will you be able to distinguish a poisonous plant from one that is safe to eat? When you become homeless; will you be able to find or build shelter?

If you answered NO to the above questions then you are in for a world of hurt. Because "my gut" as well as others such as "Tuk" knows instinctively that these scenarios will most certainly play out if we as a human race don't change the methods in which we do things upon this Earth. Tuk's article has inspired me. Beginning this week; I will take one day out of my week and live as meager as I possibly can. Perhaps in six months I'll move up to two days. I'll call it "training for things to come!"
I'll leave this article with a few points to ponder:

Despite what many believe and due to our pride and greed, the world is becoming a much warmer place environmentally to live
People are so "in love" with themselves that helping others has pretty much become a thing of the past
There have been more record storms in the last 10 years than in any other recorded time in history
Droughts!
Unemployment has reached all time highs!
Wars

.......something to think about

No comments:

Post a Comment